Superfood Extraordinaire Overnight Oats
I’m a little conflicted on calling these overnight oats an “easy recipe” because it took many tweaks for me to create it, BUT once I found the right measurements and ingredients to make this how I wanted, it came together quickly! You do have to exhibit a small bit of patience though, since these need to sit in the fridge overnight until they’re ready to eat. But after that, you’re free to go to town! These oats are perfect for breakfast on-the-go, because if you make a big batch, they’re ready to eat in their own individual containers each day of the week! They are also great for a quick lunch or a post-workout bite.
These little guys pack a massive nutritional punch- they are loaded with fiber, protein and healthy fats to keep you full for hours!
- 1 c old fashioned oats (make sure to use the old fashioned oats and NOT the quick oats)
- 1 ¼ c oat milk (I love Oatly milk, but you can sub for almond or coconut milk here)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp nut butter (I used Mixed Nut butter from TJ, but free to sub your favorite!)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon agave, optional
- Dash of cinnamon
- Coconut flakes
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then separate them into two pint sized mason jars. You can also combine the ingredients directly in the mason jar, as well.
2. Cover with tight fitting lid and chill in fridge overnight, at least 6-8 hours.
3. These keep up to 5 days in the fridge.
Add the toppings immediately before eating. Hope you enjoy!