Spicy Chipotle Pulled Chicken Tostadas
For the chicken:
- 2-3 lbs. chicken breast
- One onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of Frontera chipotle sauce (less to taste)
- 2 cans fire roasted, diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
For the tostadas:
- Siete Foods Tortilla, cooked to package instruction (or tortilla of your choice)
- Sliced avocado
- Queso fresco or Cotija, crumbled
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped red onion
- Squeeze of lime
- Sriracha yogurt sauce (equal parts sriracha, equal parts greek yogurt)
1. Saute onions, garlic until soft. Add the tomatoes, chipotle sauce and spices. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add mixture to blender and blend until mostly smooth.
3. Add chicken breast to crockpot, cover with the mixture.
4. Let cook for 7-8 hours on LOW setting. Shred with fork. Keeps in airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days.
5. Assemble your tostada and enjoy!