Spicy Chipotle Pulled Chicken Tostadas
If you are looking for an EASY, CROCKPOT weeknight dinner, look no further! Grab all your ingredients, throw it in the crockpot before you go to bed, and in the morning you have delicious, spicy pulled chicken that is extremely versatile! You can use it on the tostada (pictured here), chicken tacos, throw it in a burrito, make enchiladas, taco salad, the list is endless! Plus- it lasts in the fridge for several days. Cheers!
For the chicken:
- 2-3 lbs. chicken breast
- One onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of Frontera chipotle sauce (less to taste)
- 2 cans fire roasted, diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
For the tostadas:
- Siete Foods Tortilla, cooked to package instruction (or tortilla of your choice)
- Sliced avocado
- Queso fresco or Cotija, crumbled
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped red onion
- Squeeze of lime
- Sriracha yogurt sauce (equal parts sriracha, equal parts greek yogurt)
1. Saute onions, garlic until soft. Add the tomatoes, chipotle sauce and spices. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
2. Add mixture to blender and blend until mostly smooth.
3. Add chicken breast to crockpot, cover with the mixture.
4. Let cook for 7-8 hours on LOW setting. Shred with fork. Keeps in airtight container in fridge for up to 5 days.
5. Assemble your tostada and enjoy!