Summer Sausage Pasta Salad
(serves 6-8, so adjust the amounts as needed)
We don’t need to be in summer in order to make this recipe, because it’s completely drool-worthy year round! A little backstory, I made up this recipe about 5 years ago when I realized I loved cooking, totally just threw some ingredients together and made it on a whim. Now I make it at least once a month and it lasts great for leftovers! Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated! This recipe is EASY and so full of flavor! It’s perfect for a cookout, a potluck party, or dinner with friends!
- 2 links smoked turkey sausage, or chicken sausage (I found a great basil chicken sausage recently that I’ve been using, but you can use either)
- 1 box rotini or bowtie pasta, cooked to package instruction
- 1 can fire roasted, diced tomatoes
- ½ c chopped parsley
- ¼ c chopped basil (optional)
- 1 cup olives, chopped (I’ve been loving on Mediterranean Market by Divina lemon & garlic marinated olives that I get at Whole Foods- but any olives work here)
- 8 oz crumbled feta
- EVOO and fresh squeezed lemon juice (for the “dressing”)
- S & P to taste
1. Chop the sausage into half-moons and sauté with oil for a few minutes to get a little crust on the outside (the sausage should come pre-cooked, but I like having a little char on the sausage), then add the tomatoes and simmer for 10-15 min.
2. Let the mixture cool a bit, then add to the cooked pasta.
3. Add all of the other ingredients, toss with some EVOO and lemon juice, mix it up and enjoy!