Crispy Kale Pesto Pizza
MMMMMM. This drool-worthy recipe mixes healthy + comfort food together to make a delicious dinner! Plus, a short list of ingredients means its budget friendly and also comes together quickly making it perfect for a weeknight dinner!
- Pizza dough (I get mine from Traders)
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 8 oz. burrata
- 1 bunch kale, stripped from stalks and chopped (or use bagged kale, like I did)
- 4 oz. Vegan Kale, Cashew & Basil Pesto (from Traders), or use your own preferred brand of pesto/make your own!
- Olive oil
- Truffle oil, optional
- Garlic powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes (to taste)
1. Pull the dough out of the refrigerator and bring to room temperature (about 30 mins). Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough onto floured surface, then move to a round baking sheet (pizza pan)
2. Drizzle about a tbsp. of olive oil onto the pizza dough. Add the pesto and spread it evenly. Layer the mozzarella on top of the pesto and add your spices: sprinkle of each garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes.
3. Bake for 10 min or so, until cheese is bubbly and crust is beginning to brown.
4. Roughly chop the burrata and add to the top of the pizza (Don’t forget about the oozy bits from the inside- the BEST part!) Sprinkle the chopped kale on top, drizzle the truffle oil, and bake for an additional 10 minutes until kale is crispy and edges are golden.
5. Sprinkle with extra red pepper flakes, cut and serve!
*It probably makes fine for leftovers the next day but I’ve literally never had leftovers of this so….I suggesting just eating it all the night you make it :-)