Spicy chickpea, bacon and ranch salad with arugula
This DEEELICIOUS dinner recipe was inspired by a post i saw from one of my favorite food bloggers, How Sweet Eats! She posted an Instagram story of a similar looking salad a few weeks ago but I couldn’t find the recipe anywhere (she probably just threw it together, tbh!) so i constructed this salad based off her picture alone! I added a bit more protein, so this is perfect for a light dinner or a more filling lunch! I am also using my favorite Tessemaes Ranch, but feel free to make your own if you’d like, or use brand of choice! (stay away from that Hidden Ranch garbage though)
- 1 can chickpeas, roasted (recipe below)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 big handfuls arugula
- 2 big handfuls chopped romaine
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped/crumbled
- Tessemaes Creamy Ranch
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- Mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
1. Assemble your salad! Mix the romaine, arugula, add all your toppings. Drizzle with Tessemaes Creamy Ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Spicy, roasted chickpeas:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tsp. salt & pepper, combined
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Drizzle olive oil
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400. Mix your dried chickpeas with the drizzle of olive oil and the spices. Stir to combine.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast the chickpeas in a single layer for 20 mins or so, until crispy. Shake pan halfway through cooking.