Spicy Thai Basil Chicken
This Thai Basil Chicken is so good and quick to make, I promise you will have this in your meal rotation at LEAST every other week. (We definitely do!) It only uses a handful of ingredients and comes together in under 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. chicken, sliced thin
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- ½ tsp. sugar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile, minced
- 1 bunch Thai Basil, chopped (you can find this at your local Asian market)
- Cilantro, for topping
- Sesame seeds, for topping
- Jasmine rice, cooked to package instruction
- Avocado oil
1. Whisk your sauce ingredients together in a bowl: soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar.
2. Heat 1 tbsp. of avocado oil over medium heat. Add the serrano, garlic and red pepper flakes and stir until fragrant (about 1 minute). Increase the heat to medium-high; add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, stirring constantly so the garlic doesn’t burn.
3. Pour your sauce over the chicken, cook for another minute until heated through, then remove from heat. Stir in your thai basil.
4. Serve over jasmine rice, top with cilantro and/or sesame seeds.