Superfood Veggie Bowl with Tahini-Garlic dressing
If you guys are not familiar with Further Food, let me be the first one to tell ya all about them! They are a small, woman owned and operated business that focuses on advocating people to lead healthy lifestyles. They create real, food-based supplements that help promote optimal health and wellness. They also donate a portion of all of their proceeds to fund chronic illness and healthy eating programs around the world. Check out their website here and make sure to use my code “DOMESTICATEDAMATEURS10” for money off your entire order! This vegetarian recipe is loaded with vitamins and nutrients and will keep you full for hours! Don’t be fooled by the no meat- there is PLENTY of fiber and protein in here to keep you satisfied! ENJOY!
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into ½ in. cubes
- 3 c. kale, shredded
- 2 c. cauliflower rice (approx. ½ head grated or use pre-grated cauli rice)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and roasted (see recipe below)
- 1 scoop Further Food Turmeric Tonic
- Garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne powder, brown sugar (recipe below)
- Red onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ¼ c. tahini
- 1 tbsp. oil (I use EVOO)
- 1 tbsp. water (or more for thinner consistency)
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce (optional, but highly recommend for an extra depth of flavor)
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the sweet potatoes & chickpeas: (you can cook them simultaneously since they use the same spices)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425. In your first bowl, toss the cubed sweet potatoes with your spices of choice (I used about 1 tbsp. total of the following: M-Salt, chili powder, cayenne, garlic + a pinch of brown sugar) and a drizzle of olive oi. Spread sweet potatoes out in a single layer on your baking sheet.
2. In your second bowl, mix your drained chickpeas with your spices (for the chickpeas I used the same spices as the potatoes but omitted the brown sugar) and a drizzle of oil. Spread the chickpeas out in a single layer on your baking sheet.
3. Cook the sweet potatoes for about 15-20 minutes- until cooked through- and the chickpeas for about 20-25 minutes- until golden and crispy- tussling them both halfway through.
4. While your potatoes and chickpeas are roasting, make your dressing.
5. In a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients, to taste. I ended up using 1-2 tbsp. of water because I wanted a thinner consistency.
6. When your potatoes and chickpeas are almost done, heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan and add the cauli rice and kale, cooking for 4-5 minutes and stirring often, until the kale is barely wilted. Add your scoop of Turmeric Tonic and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
7. Assemble your bowl: cauli rice/kale mixture, top with the roasted sweet pots/chickpeas, topping with your sliced red onion and a drizzle of the dressing. ENJOY!