Spiced Lamb Kebabs
Spiced Lamb Kebobs
I have been a Napa Cellars Zinfandel fan for a long time, so when they agreed to partner with me for a food/wine pairing, I was ecstatic! I created this dish purely to pair with the Napa Cellars Pinot Noir because I think the flavors in the wine complement the spicy, sweet flavors of this dish! Click here to visit Napa Cellars website to see where you can grab a bottle of this Pinot Noir, near you! Enjoy!
- 2 lb. ground lamb
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. salt & pepper, combined
- ½ tsp. allspice
- Dash cinnamon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. shallot, minced
- Metal skewers, for grilling
1. Add your spices, shallot, garlic and your fresh herbs into a large bowl, mix to combine
2. Add your ground lamb into the bowl and gently mix into the spice mixture with your hands. Don’t over-mix.
3. Form small, golf sized balls from the mixture using your hands, and slide onto the metal skewers (about 4 per skewer). (You can add a drizzle of olive oil onto your hands prior to making the balls- helps form them and keep moist). Gently mash the balls so they flatten and touch each other.
4. Grill each skewers until desired doneness!
5. Top with fresh chopped parsley and serve over grilled potatoes with a side of tzatziki!