Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule
Ahhh, a Moscow mule. One of my favorite go-to hot weather cocktails. I took it up a notch by adding fresh strawberries and basil (both in season!) and I think you guys will love it! Traditional mules use mint, but basil is just as (if not more) delicious!
(serves 1)- Obviously double/triple recipe if you want to drink more than one by yourself ;-)
- 2 oz. vodka (I like Tito’s)
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice (don’t get that bottled garbage) – this is about ½ lime, use more to taste
- 3-4 strawberries
- 2-3 basil leaves
- 2 oz. ginger beer (I like Fever Tree and Q Mixers)
1. Cut your strawberries in half, and add them plus the basil to the bottom of a shaker tin. Using a muddler, smash them together until chunky and combined. Add your lime juice. Add a large handful of ice to the shaker tin, followed by your vodka.
2. Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
3. Strain over fresh ice into a double old fashioned glass or copper mug. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with sliced strawberry and basil leaf, if you wish. (give the basil leaf a good smack first)