Lemon & Harissa Mediterranean Chicken Bowls
These Mediterranean chicken bowls will be a staple in our house this summer! They are so easy, HEALTHY, and versatile! You can change up the grains, add in some leafy greens if you wish, and use any and all the fun toppings your heart desires! This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite fast-casual restaurants, Cava Grill- they have the best lunch bowls! Marinating the chicken overnight makes it super flavorful and extremely tender- mmmmm!
For the chicken:
- 3 lb. chicken breast, chopped into 1 in. pieces
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped (about 3 cloves)
- 1 tsp each dried parsley, basil, oregano
- 1 tbsp. harissa paste (I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
- ½ c. olive oil
- ½ c. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. salt/pepper combined
For the bowls:
- Orzo or rice, cooked to package instruction (you can even do ½ grains, ½ leafy greens)
- Olive medley
- 4 mini cucumbers, chopped
- 3 tomatoes on the vine, chopped (save the juices)
- 2 tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt/pepper combined
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- Drizzle of olive oil
1. Combine all chicken ingredients in a large Ziploc bag, and allow to marinate overnight.
2. Make your tomato/cucumber salad when you marinate the chicken and allow the flavors to merry overnight. Keep in airtight container until ready to eat.
3. Cook the chicken in a skillet over medium heat with some avocado oil until fully cooked through.
4. Serve your bowls with orzo, or a mix or orzo/greens, with the chicken, the tomato salad and toppings of choice! Enjoy!