Summer Blackberry Salad with Creamy Feta
HELLO SUMMER! I love cooking year round, obviously- but summertime cooking is extra fun because there is so much delicious seasonal produce to get creative with! This recipe highlights juicy blackberries, farmers market greens, and one of my favorite local companies- Dress It Up Dressings! They are female owned and made in Bethesda, MD! This recipe is perfect for a quick lunch, or a light dinner on the patio! ENJOY!
- 4 c. mixed greens (or greens of choice)
- Small handful watercress (ton of nutrients + it adds a peppery bite)
- 2 tangerines
- ½ c. blackberries
- 4 oz. feta, crumbled
- Dress It Up, Blackberry Vinaigrette- to taste
- ½ c. roasted chickpeas (instructions below)
1. Assemble your ingredients: the greens, the fruits, top with the feta and the chickpeas, then finish off with the dressing! Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 425.
2. Toss 1 can of rinsed, drained, and dried chickpeas in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and spices of choice. I like to use salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder.
3. Add to a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 15-20 minutes, tussling the chickpeas halfway.
4. Let cool, and enjoy as a salad topper, or a healthy snack!